Friday, April 10, 2009

We made it to New York!




We arrived in New York yesterday afternoon! Not taking a red eye has seemed to make all the difference. Last year we were so tired that walking around was not very enjoyable. Carl lives in Greenwich Village on Bleecker St. A block away from his house are three yogurt shops, 2 bakeries, a Korean hot dog restaurant that serves their hot dogs with kimchi, and every type of food I could ever imagine. I'm in heaven! It reminds of the living in the Philippines because there is food everwhere you turn. I would get so fat if I lived here!

Yesterday: Walked around Soho (two blocks from Carl's apartment). Went to Purl Bee fabric store, Sabon, Room & Board, Anna Sui, and Adriano Goldscheimd. Found lip stain that was discontinued at Sephora at some beauty boutique. Ate fabulous Italian food at Rocco's. John - gorgonzola gnocchi, me - spinach and cheese ravioli. Note to self: learn how to make homemade pasta! Hung out with Carl and chatted. Watch the Office. Went out for dessert at Yogurtland. I am in love with Yogurtland! It's self serve with a rainbow of flavors (including Taro!) and better topping selections than Pinkberry (mochi!). We're having fun! I need to remember to whip out my camera.

1 comment:

Adrianna said...

Hot dogs with kimchi?? YES to that!