Saturday, April 4, 2009

If you like food as much as I do




I thought this was something positive to keep your spirits up in the snowy weather today, that is, if you're in Utah. Just in case you didn't know, Salt Lake City's Restaurant Week is coming up May 1st - May 30th. I can't wait! $15 -$30 meals at pretty good restaurants. It looks like they don't have quite as many nice places as last year but Melting Pot is participating as well as Bambara. I sent John to go to restaurant week last year with Rick (his partner) while I was visiting family in San Diego. Guys will be guys, and they didn't ask about the special and assumed anything they ordered would be $30 at Spencer's Steak House. Yeah right. They ended up getting some of the most expensive steaks on the menu and racked up a $200 bill between the two of them, and they don't even drink! I still pester John to this day that he owes me a dinner that nice. Looks like I can't compete with his mastress.

Anyone want to do a double date?

All photos from Bambara

6 comments:

holtkamp said...

thanks for reminding us about restaurant week, and we'll even be back in time. yes, we'd love to go on a double with you guys!

Heidi said...

Count us in...

Melinda said...

Heidi, we still need to do sushi with you guys! Hope things are going well with your new home and ward. You are missed here.

whitney allison said...

That story is so Rick! Makes me laugh. If you're up for another date we'd be up for it. It'de be so fun to see you guys.

Wiwi Kalawi said...

Hey, if it lasts until the 30th of May, we can finally do the infamous awkward double date I've been looking forward to for sooo long.

beckie said...

Yeah we'd be up for it too. Although you seem like quite the popular couple.

Rick took me on a $200 date once, oh the joys of being the aprtment girlfriend, expensive dates and no commitment.