Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good things this week

As inspired by another list:

1. My husband made yummy blondies!
2. Beehive Bazaar with cute jewelry and Angelica.
3. Blossoms on trees in the town homes.
4. Making Martha's chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.
5. Found a bridesmaid dress for friend's wedding.
6. Finally reading and liking Tess of the D'Ubervilles.
7. Talked to my mom and sister.
8. Carl is visiting.
9. Visiting and saying goodbye temporarily to good friends yesterday (we will miss you Adrianna and Tony!)
10. Scheduled a much needed haircut with Pat at Shep's Studio. I miss Provo sometimes.

Photo by Blissful Images (love her stuff!)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I like your list! Your bridesmaid dress is going to look great on you! :)

Wiwi Kalawi said...

You forgot to mention Jen coming back...

Melinda said...

Brian, that was last week :)

Anne said...

That dress is going to be stunning on you!

I'm excited you're getting a camera. I tell people all the time, the day my Nikon or my KitchenAid die, I will buy a new one. Right that minute. I couldn't go without anymore, haha.

As for a food processor, I've used both Cuisinart and KitchenAid. My mom has a 7 cup Cuisinart and it's a breeze to clean up and use, but I like a little more volume and features (like two sizes of slicers instead of just the one). I was going to get a bigger one but found such a good deal on a 12 cup KA I had to get it. I found an early bird special at Kohls on the KA and price matched to Bed Bath and Beyond (has to be exactly the same model number but they'll totally do it), used a 20 percent off coupon, and got a 20 buck rebate. It worked out for 60 bucks instead of 200 on Amazon so I couldn't resist. I think either of those two brands is fine and long lasting (I never used my cheap walmart one someone gave us at our wedding) and I love having one. I use it for grinding nuts or meat, grating cheese, making pastry, smoothing out sauces, making baby food, hummus, etc. You'll love it! :) (sorry about the worlds longest comment again!)

Oh and I forgot... I would get at least the 7 cup Cuisinart. The mini's are cute but not as versatile.

holtkamp said...

i like the dress mel! i think it'll look great for the wedding! how's pat? if i get a job this summer i think i'll pay him a visit.