Friday, April 24, 2009

Best job in the world

Sorry, I know I've been posting a lot lately! CRT testing is super boring for me so lunch breaks, in-between class breaks, and at home I feel like I want to create something since I'm not teaching but just proctoring and reading the boring testing booklet to the kids. And I just wanted to say:

I LOVE MY JOB!

I need to write this before I forget because, trust me, I could forget in a single day, or more accurately in a single annoying incident. I love teaching. There isn't anything I would rather do with my life (besides one day being a mother). There's nothing better than being able to share your insight and enthusiasm with children eager to learn. There's nothing better than being able to share a passion with others. There's nothing better than hearing kids laugh and being able to laugh with them. I am so attached to the group of kids I have right now and I think I might cry (hopefully in private) after they've moved on to the scary 8th grade where they might develop more attitude. I used to be worried that teaching would suppress opportunities to be creative, but in fact I find that it's quite the opposite. It satisfying on so many levels: human interaction, service, creativity, organization, experimentation, and management. I couldn't dream of doing anything else. So, if you ever hear me complaining or see me down because of a bad day in the classroom, remind of what I said and I will feel better.

No comments: