Wednesday, March 25, 2009

If I were an actress . . .

and were given a choice of TV roles, I would want to play Mel from Flight of the Conchords. She's so crazy and weird. Yep, that's me! Well, maybe not quite me . . . I don't stalk any musicians, but it would be fun to pretend.

Anyways, we've had a lot of family visiting lately and it has been so fun! Usually no one comes to see us in Utah during the blah of winter. I bet if we lived somewhere warm and exciting, like the French Riviera, we'd have people coming to see us in droves! (at least that's what we'd like to believe) This past weekend we had John's mom come to stay with us. She is so fun to talk with and we both enjoy hearing her updates on the family. Mary and John even came to see me present at the Utah Middle Level Conference. I thought that was very nice considering we were talking about a lot of educational policies and practices. During her stay we had Middle Eastern Cuisine at Mazza (shawarma's taste better in the Phillippines!) and attended cousin David's mission homecoming. The boy already has several dates lined up I hear, and he's only been back a week and a half!

We also had John's cousin Claron and his wife Amanda visit yesterday. They brought their little daughter Eliza who fell in love with our bunny. It was so cute! We took them to Cafe Rio and watched Wall-E for the first time. I love family. I don't know how long we will last in Utah because we miss being surrounded by them.

1 comment:

holtkamp said...

ha, ha!!! everytime we watch flight i always think of who john says mel looks like! you can only be mel if you make sugar cookies with jemaine's big lips on them ha, ha!