Friday, February 27, 2009

Teaching Swag

So turns out that teaching does have some perks. This year I'm involved in a professional development program, along with my fellow teachers Jethro and Matt, called The Engaged Classroom. It's basically a class that has us learn more about technology so that we can use it in the classroom and teach it to our students. One part of the program is that we have free access to online tutorials that would normally cost around $100 for a subscription. Remember how I was curious about photography? Well Photoshop CS4 is one of the 35,000 lessons that they provide! Yay! No paying for basic classes! Now if only they provided free software and DSLRs . . .

2 comments:

beckie said...

Oh you are so lucky. CS4 is what I have and I LOVE it. I am taking an on-line course right now and I have learned a ton like how to get rid of a double chin and other useful techniques.

Have fun!

Heidi said...

I still am running CS2 - but I think it's great! I should look into taking a class - that would be a good idea....