Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trivial Dilema

I've been thinking a lot about decorating and our home lately. Maybe because we're inside so much with all this darn snow. As you may recall, we had a painting disaster over the summer. Our office/bunny room/reading room still haunts me every time I'm in it. My plan is to fix up our house in the summer and I can't decide on what color to repaint that nasty office. I'm torn between light blue (in a different hue than it is currently), sage green, and lavender. Ralph Lauren came out with a new Modern Light collection of colors that look nice too. Most of you are probably tired of me posting about paint colors, but your votes would be appreciated!

I love this green scheme from the latest Anthro catalog! It looks greener on paper.


This is close to the blue I had in mind. Our bedroom is already the gray-blue that I was originally going to use. Photo: Apartment Therapy

The lavender again. I would accent the room with dark pieces, like in the picture, to offset the feminine shade (insightful advice I got from Beckie)

Which do you like best?

9 comments:

Staci said...

I think the green would be gorgeous.

Heidi said...

One thing I would consider is how long you want to live there - they say that paint is a personal thing and if you aren't planning to stay for years it might be nice to pick something more neutral that you won't have to repaint when you want to move and that would help it sell. Practical - I know...

Emily said...

Without having seen your room/furnishings (which may change my mind) I like the RL Indian sky or the green.

beckie said...

I love, love love the lavendar. Its so bold and fearless and fun. I think color is so key and not to go against what other people have said, but who cares if you are only there for a year, do what you want and painting really doesn't take as long as you might think. I just redid our bedroom and it took less than a day including hauling everything out. And I did it by myself because Steve hates painting and I feel bad.
So I just painted and I did this pretty grey but I painted a thick stripe in purple to create the allusion of a headboard and I love it. And Steve likes it too.

And since we paint all the time because I am restless and don't care that I am in a rental, let me know if you need tips on doing it yourself.

Anne said...

I love the green! It's similar to our new kitchen but a little warmer. I love anything from Anthropologie, though...

holtkamp said...

i really like the green. i was actually looking at the anthro catalog and your blog at the same time. it was kind of freaky. i mean it 'freaked me out'

Amanda said...

purple with dark would be neat. but that green is pretty too. i guess the blue isn't as striking, hence my vote going to the other two.

Melinda said...

Thank you all for your opinions! I'm going to go to Home Depot and take a look at paint chips now. I think I've at least got it down to choosing between green and lavender :)

Kerstin said...

I like the green....