Sunday, January 25, 2009

In Song

William Fitzsimmons: Northaustinmusic.com

I don't know about you, but sometimes I want to put together a giant soundtrack for my life. It sounds kind of self-centered, I know, but I think that sometimes music would explain what I'm feeling better than words. Here are the songs stuck in my head of late.

  • It's Not True - William Fitzsimmons
  • Through the Darkness - Tiger Army
  • Let the Sun Shine In - Frente!
  • Veridis Quo - Daft Punk
  • Mykel & Carli - Weezer
Something kind of funny: if I ever get a song stuck in my head and start singing it, John inevitably will start to sing it too. He actually can't stop himself. I've tried an experiment before and started singing a song he hated (Haddaway's What is Love?) and just as I predicted, he started singing it out loud in 5 seconds. I have to be careful though because he is aware of this and considers it a form of mind control.

One more I just remembered: the line "foxes have holes, birds have their nests, but the Son of man hath no place to lay his head" in alto and tenor. It's a line in the program we're singing as part of the choir. John and I woke up from naps singing this song. Weird.

4 comments:

John said...

Look at that Beard! It's somehow glorious and profane, all at once!

I wish you hadn't given away your jedi mind tricks to all the world. :(

holtkamp said...

mel i'm surprised ace of base nor that lincoln park-whirlpool dancing song didn't make your list. i thought those defined your life very well :)

Mrs said...

Actually that Mykel & Carli song was kind of in reference to all my friends (like YOU) moving away. We miss you guys! Ace of Base would definitely make the list for 2002-2003!

Mrs said...

Sorry, Mrs. is supposed to be Mrs. LeSueur, my login name for my teaching stuff.