Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Political Concerns of 7th Graders

As my first period class filed into the room this morning, these were their comments on the result of last night's election:

"Obama is stupid!"
"He's going to take away our guns! He's going to take away our guns!"

I had to smile because the first thing that came to my mind when I heard this was the opening scene from the movie Mean Girls: " And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals."

2 comments:

beckie said...

That movie is great. I love the scene in the girl's bathroom where Damion syas to that girl, "Danny DeVito, I love your work!"

My question is, what 7th grader has a gun already?

holtkamp said...

ha, ha, ha. i want to see that movie again. i was nearly beaten to death by an angry co-worker when i jokingly said 'the ONLY reason i voted for obama was to support gay union rights'. she didn't get it was a joke.