Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life, Liberty, and the right to pee


So I've been thinking for awhile now that maybe it would be a good idea to make this blog private. I want my friends and acquaintances to be able to find it, BUT I don't want my students, their parents, or some random stalker to come upon it. Maybe I'll just change to name of the blog so it doesn't show up if my name is googled.

I was telling John the only thing I don't like about teaching, is that one of our very basic human rights is taken away from us. The right to use the restroom. I have to call the hall monitor or tell another teacher that I need to go and ask if they'll watch my class. Very humiliating. Girl teachers (for obvious reasons) need the restroom more often. The nearest adult bathroom is upstairs. That means I have to book it there and back again before my next class starts or do without.

On the happy side, John and I watched The Fall last night. Loved it! That little girl is the cutest thing ever!. Lee Pace is a good looking man. Tarsem is the one of the most incredibly creative directors ever. Watch the Wanderlust and Nostalgia sections and you'll see what I mean. I think you have to watch that movie twice or more to catch everything.

P.S. We love clearplay

3 comments:

Jethro said...

FYI, you can change the settings in Blogger so that it is still public but doesn't show up on search results. That is how our family blog is. I think that is safe enough, for me at least

Emily said...

One hot summer day when I worked at ESS (so not the same as your real teaching job!) I drank almost a gallon of water and had to call someone at the office three times to watch my class (I was the only teacher) before one of the kids finally convinced me just to go (probably illegal).

Anne said...

Your basic rights of a teacher are cracking me up! I would take your blog out of the search results but it's hard balancing the privacy issues... I've been thinking the same thing about our blog. Let me know if you come up with a good solution! :)