Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Girl's Night Out

Last night my closest girl friends (besides Michelle, my sister) went to watch the Relief Society General Broadcast together.  In the 8 years that we've all lived in Utah, we've never gone to the conference center together for any event.  It ended up being wonderful.  I especially liked Pres. Uchtdorf's talk.  For once it was not about airplanes! Yay! Airplanes just don't interest me that much.  Afterwards we met John and Dave at the Cheesecake Factory.  We were all starving and John was sweet and went there early to get us a table. It was all perfect.  Only complaint would be the ladies that decided to give themselves manicures as they were sitting in front of us in the conference center.  They kept passing a nail file and hand lotion between the 5 of them.  It was kind of distracting.  I'm not really into public grooming.
Angelica wore red shoes! She never wears red.  We'd like to think we convinced her otherwise.



5 comments:

Kris said...

How fun!! What nice guys to hold a table for you and YUCKO to the doing your nails at the conference center. That is just weird.

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous...I bet conference was wonderful. I can't wait to watch it.


and we miss you both. a lot.

love you.

Jody said...

I just read about 5 or 6 of your latest posts. Life as a teacher in Utah. Sounds like you're doing awesome. :)
Oh, and since when does Utah have the cheesecake factory?! It reminds of the Fashion Valley Mall.
I miss SD. . .

Melinda said...

Teaching definitely has it's ups and downs, but this year is actually so much better than last year.
The Cheesecake Factory opened up in Fashion Place Mall at the beginning of this summer. I actually used to hate the food there. Maybe it was when it first opened in San Diego. I really liked my food last time though!
I'm excited to read about your Thailand trip!!

holtkamp said...

oh what hot shoes!