Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Let it Rain"

Lovely rain! There was a thunderstorm today, a nice change from the 90 degree weather of late. It reminded me of autumn. I love fall for the rust colored leaves, rainy days, and smell of burning pumpkin. It's my favorite season. There's always an exciting feeling in the fall for me that something big is about to happen. When I was younger I used to tell my mom that fall felt ominous. I met John and we had our first date in the fall. We drank a lot of hot chocolate. Fall is also nice because that's when I my favorite items of clothing come out: coats and boots. Strange for someone from California, but maybe that's why I like them. I could never really wear them back home. Here are the two boots I'm looking at now:





































Top is Biviel
Bottom is J. Crew

Can I have a vote? I'm so indecisive.

Another piece of happiness (except for the fact that I missed it) is that Wayne Thiebaud had a exhibition at the Springville Museum of Art. I found this out thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, Amanda, who has an abundance of cool blogs listed on her own blog. Check out Ali loves Curtis. I love Thiebaud's dessert pictures! They are so cute and chic. I really want to get a print of his "Cakes" to put in our blue room, but I guess I'll have to wait until the day we head over to D.C. because no one online seems to be selling it presently. So sad that we find out the day it closes. Equally sad is that we were in Springville area camping this weekend and could have easily dropped by on our way home. In fact we passed the museum twice.


4 comments:

Jody said...

Ooh, boots again. Yay!!
I'm gonna have to go with the top one. Black boots are OK, but they're so.. black. I think brown ages (?) better. And I really dig the heels. Those are pretty darn cute. IMHO of course.

Kris said...

I like the top ones, the black ones you can find anywhere. I like that the brown ones are just a tad enough different to be super cool.

That is some yummy art too - sorry you missed it!

Emily Stone said...

I'd say the top pair also b/c the heel is cuter and the shape is sleeker. PS sorry to hear about the walls.

Amanda said...

top is more feminine...but bottom might be just the trick for a day spent walking around...they're both cute. Just make sure they are tall enough :) (i think that the ones that aren't tall might not look as elegant...)