Thursday, July 17, 2008

Latest Movie We Loved


The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Le Scaphandre et le Papillon). Beautiful and triumphant! John and I both liked it. Strangely I had dreams after I watched this and they were somehow liberating.

The story follows the life of Jean-Dominique Baubly after suffering a stroke and left complete paralyzed from the head down, a condition known as "lock in" syndrome. Most of the movie is shot from first person perspective which was a little strange at first, but as you watch it the scenes become interesting and more gorgeous. Though the movie seemed sad, a sense of peace is gained as you follow this man's incredible journey through past memories, present struggles, and continuing wit.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are the third person I know that is gaga over this movie so I guess I should check it out!