Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Highs and Lows

So, the last few days have been both really good and really bad. Sunday was really nice. Church was great; insightful lessons and inspiring talks. Then the Olsen family had us over for ice cream. We LOVE ice cream! Side story, when John was a young bean pole with superfast metabolism in high school, he used to eat a bowl of ice cream everyday after school. Oh to be a teenager . . . Anyway, it was a fun way to spend a Sunday night. We (or more correctly, I) usually end up getting a little stir crazy by the end of Sunday and it was so nice to sit and chat with friends. It's also funny because Kristen and I both have Cali ties and sometimes you can hear us both say "it's not like that in California" almost at the same time.

Ok, now the bad. John gave me a small project allowance for the summer. Part of it was for gardening and the majority was left over for me to use toward home improvement. I chose to have our office painted and the poo colored accent wall whited out. Well, what a horror! We used Adar (a painting service found online) and I would reccommend you Never ever use them! They were supposed to paint our walls with Ralph Lauren paint, but told us we should use their custom color. They ended up "running out" at the end and "accidentaly" dipped into a bucket of darker blue paint. Yeah, not professional. Then they painted our accent wall a neon white when we have cream walls. Can you tell I'm agitated? So we basically payed to have someone mess up our walls. Needless to say, we are not having them come to fix it. And just a little hint: never have the paint contractor buy or make your paint. Always purchase it yourself so you know what you're getting. Sadly we learned that the hard way.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh that is so very sad. We all have projects that go awry so don't feel too bad about it. I'm getting pretty good at painting though so if you ever need help fixing it, give me a call. I don't make my own paint, by the way!