Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bella


No, this post is not about my rabbit. I do love her, but I'm not one of those "cat lady" types. Anyways, John and I just signed up for netflix! We took a look at our budget last month and figured that we would actually save money if we signed up for netflix. We don't have cable or catch any channels on our TV so we felt justified and intelligent for making this decision. Well, we found that netflix lets you watch a bunch of cool movies for free online when you sign up with them. A lot of them are indie films, which we love! Last night we watched a movie called Bella and it made me cry. It was one of the most simple and beautiful films I've seen in awhile. I loved that the protagonist in the story was so gentle and kind protraying a wonderful Christlike character (nevermind that he has a beard, that's not what made me think of that). Oh yeah, he's also hot, speaks spanish, and plays soccer in the movie for one of my favorite MLS teams. But besides all of that it's a wonderful movie. One portion also captures the dynamics of family life wonderfully. I'd highly recommend this movie. So, watch it and tell me what you think! Next free movie in the queue La Vie en Rose a french film about the life of the famous singer Edith Piaf.

2 comments:

Jethro said...

HEY! Why don't you return my phone calls? I have stuff for you. Give me a call or email me so I can give you the goods.

Jody said...

Sounds like a great film! I'll have to check it out. I loved netflix back when we were in the States. What we have recently acquired is the Apple TV, and we can just rent movies through the itunes store. Other than that, we really don't have time to go out with movies. .
On a side note, I love Edith Piaf!