Thursday, May 29, 2008

Everything

Ok, so May was a crazy month. I flew to San Diego twice. Once for Shel's Bridal shower and then again for her wedding, all while teaching a bunch of summer dazed 7th graders during the week. It was all lots of fun though.

In between these short trips we celebrated John's birthday! John got some sweet Asics (which I ordered in the wrong size) and Mario Kart. He also got a fun device to make a coke and Mentos fountain; for more information go to eepybird.com. The party consisted of lots of good friends - many who took the reverse pilgrimage from Provo, pizza, a chocolate brownie bundt cake, and a cheese cake. There was also a lot of Kart racing.
Now for the wedding. Michelle and Andre were married at the Prado. In case you are not from San Diego, the Prado is a beautiful vintage, Spanish-style hacienda located in Balboa park. There is a romantic restaurant and ball room on the bottom floor and then other event rooms on the upper levels. The ceremony was on the terrace of the Prado overlooking an area called the wishing well. It was all very picturesque, especially when it stopped drizzling right as the wedding party (including myself) walked down the isle.
The reception was inside the Prado itself. Andre's dad used to play in a Jazz/salsa band and his old friends played during the dinner. I toasted the bride and groom and made John dance one salsa dance with me. In case you didn't know, John once took a salsa ballroom class at BYU. He got a C-. Enough said. Put on some hip hop though and he'll dazzle you. Congratulation Shel and Andre! We are so happy for you both!

7 comments:

Jethro said...

Glad you started a blog. I will add you as a Mario Kart Friend, too.

Kris said...

That is one CUTE dress on you! Keep it to wear with some great black pumps...

The wedding looks amazing and your sister looks so beautiful in her dress! Lucky you to go down there twice!

Kari said...

I love San Diego. I wish I could have snuck in your suitcase and gone with you. I love your green dress!! You look beautiful as does your sister!! What a fun time.

The Martinez Family said...

Melinda, that cake turned out darling! Tell John I hope he had a fun Birthday. What a fun blog! I'll check back soon!

By the way, here is my address, I forgot to give it to you last night:
www.freewebs.com/mommydes

Amanda said...

Yay! Melinda. LOVE THE DRESS. Really. Love it. Get me one. in that color. :)

Your sister looks so beautiful. And I just realized...Did I not reply to your email regarding the shoes? I thought I did...but I just realized that I may have not replied..and then I didn't have internet for a while...and then...I have no excuse. I just hope I replied. Love you lots!

Anne said...

Melinda you look beautiful! So glad you started a blog! :)

Jody said...

looks like a beautiful wedding!!
i'm so happy for them. i love that dress on you, too. i hope i can see you and meet your hubby next time we're in utah.